Executive Sales Director
Grow with Blue Whale EV and help drive innovation as we transform the future of EV Charging Infrastructure
The Executive Sales Director (ESD) for Blue Whale EV is responsible for managing direct sales for the Companies products and services. The ESD will be responsible for obtaining quota objectives and achieving his or her self-goals. It is extremely important that the ESD communicate to our clients with an informative, consultative and precise process for providing solutions toward their EV Charging requirements. The ESD will be required to source net new logo organizations. This position will also involve support for various marketing initiatives, such as technical writing and proposal support. The targeted sales objective will allow the ESD to concentrate primarily on commercial industries and markets. Their scope of responsibility will not be limited to any particular industry; however a considerable focus will be put towards property management organizations, multi-family communities. The ESD will be responsible for specific accounts and in some cases specific projects within specific accounts. The Blue Whale EV President and its leadership team will provide referrals and leads from both current and new client contacts. These leads will be generated through a variety of the Company’s marketing initiatives. The ESD will administratively report
directly to the Blue Whale EV President.
EV Charging Stations, EV Charging Solutions, and Electrical Contract Services are the heart of the services and solutions provided by Blue Whale EV. It is extremely important to BWEV management that these services be well represented within the industry. As such, the ESD is responsible to help maintain the Company’s relationships with
distributors, software manufactures, partners, and resellers. The ESD must identify clients through the use of phone calls, marketing literature, expos, conferences, digital marketing, targeted campaigns, and sales meetings in order to ensure that the Company’s goals are being met. Internal and external training opportunities will be made available; however, the ESD is also expected to learn the product lines of many manufacturers, the use and integration of these products into client systems, and ultimately present a professional and confident approach for selling the Company’s products and services. This will be completed by working directly (hands-on) with our technical staff; i.e., participating in operational discussions, software and hardware operations, and installs.
- Be accountable to promote opportunities to continually improve standards for EV hardware/software in the customer’s environment, ensuring the effective and efficient use of EV technology in enabling a customer’s organization to achieve its goals
- Collaborate directly with the BWEV Client Success Team to ensure the quality and performance of electrical and construction services for customers in the assigned portfolio.
- Be accountable to ensure all administrative tasks are completed according to company standards, including those tasks that support the effective delivery of a customer’s technical services and systems.
- Provide effective plans to meet or exceed financial targets and quotas
- Improve quality of proposals and assist to manage all client and partner documentation
- Work collaboratively with other BWEV team members/partners from different disciplines and backgrounds
- Implement better and/or innovative ways to meet goals or overcome obstacles
- Help to maintain a high level of customer focus within the team
- Build expertise in key technical, functional, and professional skills
- Work closely with EV Partners to fully understand their product line and differentiators
- Keep management informed and involved as issues develop
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Strong business development, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to manage and prioritize and tasks and time efficiently for yourself and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Must be able to learn new concepts, applications and technologies quickly
Experience, Educational Requirements and Certifications
This position requires at least a bachelor’s degree, or its foreign equivalent, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Additionally, 4 years of experience in account management and outside sales.
Blue Whale EV
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development & trainingVisible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and innovation platforms.